Friday, March 7, 2008

Transgender Executive: 'Just a Different Person Now Than I Was Then'


Saw his on Nightline last night. Thought it was great. (O.M.)

By NEAL KARLINSKY and ALYSSA LITOFFMarch 6, 2008

Megan Wallent is an executive on the go.
At Microsoft's Redmond, Wash., headquarters where male executives far outnumber their female counterparts, Megan is a standout, especially for one significant difference. Until few months ago, she was a he.
Photos

Becoming Megan: The Journey
"Well, I'm me," Megan said. "And I think most people would perceive me as female these days. And that's the way I present myself to the outside world."
Watch this story tonight on "Nightline" at 11:35 ET
But Megan used to be Michael, a longtime Microsoft executive who oversaw the entire Internet Explorer division of Windows for years, a leader of hundreds and an executive who interacted frequently with Bill Gates.
She still has her original Microsoft badge picture that was taken Aug. 11, 1996, the day she joined Microsoft.


More at ABC News

No comments: